If you forgot with your Apple ID password to sign in, you can use these steps to reset it and regain access to your account.
Your Apple ID is the account that you use for shop the iTunes Store, sign in to iCloud, buy an app, and more. But to reset your password, you need to know the email address for your Apple ID. Choose 3 steps below if you Forgot Apple ID Password.
- Two-factor authentication
- Email, password and security questions
- Two-step verification
If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID, you can reset your password from any trusted iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac with a password or passcode that’s enabled. Learn more: How to secure your Apple ID using two-factor authentication
Email, password and security questions
- Go to your Apple ID account page then click Forgot Apple ID or password.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
- Then choose how to reset your password:
- To answer your security questions, select “Answer security questions” and follow the rest of the steps.
- To get email instead, select “Get an email.” To reset your password, use the email that we send to your primary or rescue email address.
- If asked for a Recovery Key, use the steps for two-factor authentication or two-step verification instead.
- After reset your password, you’ll be asked to sign in again with your new password.
- Go to your Apple ID account page then click “Forgot Apple ID or password.” If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
- Enter your Apple ID, select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
- Enter your Recovery Key for two-step verification.
- Choose a trusted device. We’ll send your device a verification code.
- Enter the verification code.
- Create a new password, then select Reset Password.
Note: After reset your password, you’ll be asked to sign in again with your new password.