Learn easy step How to set up and use iCloud Drive on Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8 & Windows 7. Before setup icloud for windows, you need download and install icloud for windows from here. (If it doesn’t install automatically, go to File Explorer and open iCloud Setup.)
How to set up and use iCloud Drive on Windows 10/8.1/8/7
After download and install iCloud on your Windows PC/Laptop, next follow steps below.
- Restart your computer.
- Please make sure iCloud for Windows is open. Note: If it doesn’t open automatically, go to Start, open Apps or Programs, and open iCloud for Windows.
- Then enter your Apple ID to sign in to iCloud.
- After it, choose the features and content that you want to keep up to date across your devices.
- Click Apply.
How to Download your photos and share with friends
After turn on your Photos, iCloud for Windows creates a Photos folder in File Explorer called iCloud Photos. iCloud Photo Library uploads new photos and videos that you add to the iCloud Photos Uploads folder on your PC so you can view them in the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, and on iCloud.com. New photos and videos you take automatically download from iCloud Photo Library and you can choose to download your entire collection by year. And iCloud Photo Sharing lets you view, share, and comment on the photos and videos you share with other people.
Follow steps below to find your photos on your Windows/PC/Laptop:
- Windows 10: From the Start menu, scroll down and open the iCloud folder > Select iCloud Photos.
- Windows 8.1: From the Start screen, click the down arrow in the bottom-left corner > click the iCloud Photos app.
- Windows 8: From the Start screen, select iCloud Photos.
- Windows 7: Click the Windows Start button, then click Pictures. Click iCloud Photos or Photo Stream under the Favorites menu in the panel on the left. Double-click My Photo Stream to view your photos. This also shows up as a folder in the window that appears.
How to Update iCloud for Windows Latest Version
To get iCloud latest version you need check for updates, open Apple Software Update on your PC. To get notified when an update is available through Apple Software Update, choose Edit > Preferences, and select when you’d like to check for updates. You can choose Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Never.