Learn How to Set Up iCloud on Windows/PC/Mac/iOS to access your photos, videos, mail, calendar, files, and other important information. After the initial setup, you can turn on iCloud on your other devices and Mac computers, your Apple Watch, and your Apple TV.
Set Up iCloud on Windows/PC
- Download iCloud for Windows.
- Sign in using the Apple ID that you use on your Apple devices. Apple ID is the account that you use to access all Apple services and make all of your devices work together seamlessly. See also: Forgot My Apple ID Password.
- Select the services that you want to use and click Apply. For example, if you turn on iCloud Photos and iCloud Drive, iCloud for Windows creates new folders for those files in File Explorer. Now, the files that you add to the iCloud folders automatically appear on your Apple devices.
Set Up iCloud on Mac
- Update to the latest version of macOS. Go to Apple menu and choose App Store. See if there’s an update available.
- Sign in using Apple ID. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences > iCloud. Enter your Apple ID. When you sign in, iCloud is turned on automatically.
- After enter your Apple ID, go to System Preferences > click iCloud. Choose the apps like Notes, Photos, and iCloud Drive that you want to use with iCloud.
Set Up iCloud on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Please make sure that your device is running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. See if there’s an update available.
- Go to Settings and sign in to your device with your Apple ID. When you sign in, iCloud is turned on automatically.
- Go to Settings > tap (your name) > select iCloud. Choose the apps like Photos, Contacts, Calendars, and third-party apps that you want to use with iCloud.